hurricanesfan66

Quite the Wondering Selection

I read. I read pretty much anything. Mostly Stephen King, but I read the classics. I read young adult, especially the dystopian series. I read the free Amazon Prime eBooks of the month which are usually suspense. Everything.

Robert B. Parker's Slow Burn (Spenser)
Ace Atkins
Tips for Living
Renee Shafransky
Alone
Scott Sigler
The Freelancer's Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Have the Career of Your Dreams—On Your Terms
Sara Horowitz
SPOILER ALERT!

A Decent Stand Alone Prequel for Maze Runner

The Kill Order - James Dashner

Going into this read I did not think it would capture me.  Seems like the 2nd and 3rd in most of these YA dystopian books do that to me.  Hunger Games.  Divergent.  Most of these series tend to get worse with age.  With The Kill Order, however, I was pleasantly surprised.  I like the characters, although former military Alec was a little cliche.  I liked the flashbacks of the sun flare events and how the characters holed themselves up in the skyscraper in NYC.  And then their quest to find out what was going on and the crazy, zombie-like infected people around Asheville.  I greatly anticipated how this group would be connected to Thomas and Teresa, and guessed correctly that Deedee was indeed Teresa.